Transparency is important to us. We understand that cost impacts accessibility and feasibility of therapy. Our goal for the fee structure outlined below is to offer quality therapy at varying rates of affordability. You may inquire with your individual therapist about sliding scale rates that are limited in quantity and determined on a case by case basis.
- 10+ years of experience
- 5+ years of experience
- 1+ years of experience
Second Term Masters Students
First Term Masters Students
We have both telehealth options to service clients across Ontario and in-person availability in Toronto and Ottawa.
Accessing mental health support is more flexible than ever.
At ACTion Psychotherapy, we recognize the importance of offering both in-person and virtual care.
- Effectiveness. Research shows that online therapy can be just as effective as in-person therapy for issues related to mental health.
- Accessible. Accommodates those living in rural or remote areas, people living with disabilities that prevent them from leaving the home, and eliminates transportation barriers.
- Convenience. No need to schedule time for a commute.
- Cost Effective. Eliminates cost of parking and transportation.
- Coverage. Some insurance companies may not cover it. We encourage you to check with yours.
- Confidentiality and Privacy. Although we use encrypted, PIPEDA-compliant software and abide by telehealth guidelines, communicating over the Internet entails a greater risk for security breach compared to in-person. It also means possible Internet connectivity issues.
- Distractions. Possibilities for disruption depending on your living circumstances and others in the home.
- Trust and Body Language. Some people may prefer viewing the entire body language of their therapist for more effective communication.
- Severe mental health or psychiatric concerns. A more appropriate and accommodating option for people that may need crisis intervention that is better supported with in-person care.
- Participation. It is an opportunity to engage in an activity outside of your home.
- Time consuming. Ensuring commute time may be challenging for busy schedules.
- Expenses. Possible parking and transportation fees.
All virtual sessions are conducted using secure, PIPEDA-compliant software. Research has shown that psychotherapy offered through telehealth is an effective solution for mental health treatment. The efficacy of either option depends on individual preference and comfort level.